The CSR Indicators' online platform
The CSR indicators’ online platform was created to standardise the concept of social responsibility through a set of indicators for assessing the “compliance” level of an enterprise.
It can be used:
- by the Regions in the context of regional tenders or by the other Administrations involved in the project;
- by individual enterprises, also anonymously, for self-assessment of their social responsibility level.
The tool derives from the implementation of the interregional / transnational project "Creating a network for the diffusion of CSR", launched by the Veneto region in 2012 in collaboration with the Liguria region, to which 13 other regions have joined [Abruzzo, Campania, Emilia Romagna, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Lazio, Liguria, Lombardy, Marche, Piedmont, Puglia, Sardinia, Umbria, Tuscany, Valle d'Aosta], as well as INAIL, INEA, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Ministry of Labour and Politics Social and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry. The stakeholders have made an important contribution to the development of the project.
This consensual genesis of the platform is an important factor for the creation of a shared language on the subject of corporate responsibility.
The Platform includes 7 areas considered strategic in the concept of CSR:
- Organisation and administration
- People and work environment
- Customers, consumers
- Natural environment, local community and relations with the P.A.
- Innovation, competitiveness
- Management of significant risk (only for larger-than-micro enterprises)
The platform also defines a minimum level of socially and environmentally responsible initiatives required in the various strategic areas, differentiated according to the size of the enterprise and the business sector.
The contents of the platform have been developed as part of the collaboration between the NCP and the University of Genoa.