Events and Initiatives
This section lists the main initiatives and events that involved the NCP, its Committee members and the stakeholders in promoting the OECD Guidelines and Responsible Business Conduct (RBC).
Virtual roundtable - The Italian NCP will participate to the "Southern Italy and Corporate Social Responsibility in the European perspective of Sustainability Reporting" Round Table organized in collaboration with Merita Associazione Meridione Italia which will be held on the 25th of June, 2021 from 10:15 am to 11:15 am, online.The event is one of the several interesting appointments presented by the FORUM PA 2021 scheduled this year from 21 to 25 June and can be followed online from a dedicated streaming Platform. The Ministry of Economic Development, the NCP and the Associazione Merita will discuss the European regulatory developments that will raze the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to a central role in a new social economic and environmental system.This will enhance businesses to adopt and apply a sum of practice and policies in other to foster a more sustainable development model for the Country and in particular the Southern part of it. Link : https://forumpa2021.eventifpa.it/it/event-details/?id=9828&xid=115
Webinar "Impact of the pandemic on specific instances and on business due diligence" Live Streaming YouTube Friday, May 28, 2021 2 pm_On May 28, 2021, will take pace the webinar on the “Impact of the pandemic on specific instances and on business due diligence” organized by the Ministry of Economic Development (MiSE) in collaboration with the Institute of International Legal Studies of the National Research Council (ISGI-CNR). Ms. Maria Benedetta Francesconi, manager of the Division VI – General Directorate on Industrial Policy, Innovation and SMEs (MiSE), head of the OECD NCP General Secretariat, will attend the meeting with a speech. The event will be streamed live on YouTube following the link https://youtu.be/W4BILy0Te_Q ; Information available on the ISGI website; Specific instance to the NCP; Due diligence and supply chains
- “Handbook on Sustainable Finance”_The Italian Bank Association (ABI) presents a useful toolkit created in collaboration with banking and consumer associations_Rome, April 14, 2021. The Handbook provides clear insights to understand the different aspects of Sustainability in the banking sector. The aim of this work is to focus on the need for a Sustainable Development also in the financial sector and on the possibility to achieve, in addition to an economic-financial return, also socially shared advantages, thanks to the reduction of environmental risks and inequalities. The “Handbook on Sustainable Finance” is available on the ABI website. More info at: https://www.abi.it/Pagine/Mercati/Csr/Vademecum-.aspxhttps://www.abi.it/Pagine/Mercati/Csr/Vademecum-.aspx
“Productivity and sustainability: the challenge of cooperatives” an event by OECD, MISE, INVITALIA, EURICSE and ACI (Alliance of Italian Cooperatives).Tuesday 30 March 2021 from 10 to 16. Workshop organized by the Ministry of Economic Development and its Development Agency, Invitalia. During the morning’s session from 10 to 12 will present the results of three feasibility studies funded by the Ministry of Economic Development and carried out in collaboration with Invitalia, with tenders awarded in 2019 and aimed at promoting the theme of Social Responsibility as a contribution to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda. The afternoon session - from 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm - will illustrate the following themes: The OECD report on the "Territorial dimension of productivity in Italian cooperatives","Productivity in cooperatives reflections and suggestions starting from OECD research" An online discussion will follow on the "Perspectives and new opportunities for the cooperatives" that will be joined by the main institutions involved in the promoting and developing processes of the cooperative world. Program (pdf). Mise website article
Forum on Responsible Mineral Supply Chains – OECD – 27 and 28 April 2021 Rome, 27 April 2021_The 14th Forum on Responsible Mineral Supply Chains will be hosted by the OECD as a virtual forum on 27-28 April 2021 and will bring together representatives from government, business, and civil society. As we approach 10 years of implementation of the Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Mineral Supply Chains, the Forum will address a number of transversal topics, including sessions on global uptake trends, contrasting harmful disengagement from high-risk areas with risk mitigation, and regulatory and policy developments. Other sessions will present new resources developed as part of the OECD implementation programme for the Guidance, including an FAQ on corruption risks, a risk report database, and the cost and value of due diligence. Partner-organised sessions during the Forum week will also explore topics specific to particular regions and minerals. All sessions are recorded and can be reviewed later. Info and registration at: 2021 Forum on Responsible Mineral Supply Chains - OECD
- Webinar “Responsible Business Conduct in the Netherlands and Italy: Shared Experiences in Textile & Fashion Thursday 25 March, 15:00 – 16:30 hrs_Rome, March 22, 2021-The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Italy and the Consulate General of the Netherlands in Milan are pleased to invite to the webinar “Responsible Business Conduct in the Netherlands and Italy: Shared Experiences in Textile & Fashion" This webinar aims to offer an update on the latest developments on Dutch and Italian Responsible Business Conduct policies and to encourage a further discussion on his important topic in the Textile & Fashion sector. Dr.ssa Maria Benedetta Francesconi, head of the Secretariat of the Italian NCP for the OECD Guidelines, will take part in the discussion. programme of the event _Date: Thursday 25 March 2021_Location: Zoom meeting ; Time: 15:00 – 16:30 hrs Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that there is a maximum to the number of participants). Program, the whole webinar on You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyJJA_jm2w and a short impression video (about 4 minutes) of the webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VowtMMU1Ibk
- Focus on the regulatory scenarios of gold operators - evolution and updating of the sector - Professional gold traders, gold buyers, jewelers, goldsmiths, precious metals industries- Web Conference 30 March 2021 -9.30-17, A.N.T.I.C.O. (Associazione Nazionale Tutela Il Comparto Oro) Brochure and schedule of interventions; Simonetta Di Tommaso (National competent authority for minerals and metals 3TG- MISE) "EU Regulation 2017/821 and Legislative Decree n.13 of February 2, 2021: contents, obligations for importers and related scope, controls and sanctions.
- Workshop on: "Business and human rights. The role of Business for sustainable development" Speech at the Poste Italiane conference with a focus on Due Diligence in the financial sector.
- Università di Milano-Bicocca_ SILFIM Master Universitario I livello Sostenibilita’ In Diritto, Finanza E Management III EDIZIONE 22 January 2021 - speeches Zoom - Daniele Branchini (MISE) "What the Italian NCP does"; Candia Savastano (MISE) "EU Regulation 2017/821 and due diligence in the procurement of minerals and metals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas".
- CSRMed 2020 FORUM live streaming from 21 to 23 of October. From Palazzo Pico of Naples, over 60 speakers, including the NCP, will join online to promote social responsibility as a fundamental lever of the sustainable development of our territories.The 8th ONLINE EDITION of the CSRMed 2020 Forum will be online from the Palazzo Pico of Naples in live streaming from 21 to 23 of October. "AGENDA 2030: PROMOTE AND FINANCE SUSTAINABLE GROWTH" is the theme of this edition. It aims at focusing on scenarios and possible evolutions in light of the effects of the pandemic on the world economy, the actions and tools available to RECOGNIZE, SUPPORT AND REWARD VIRTUOUS COMPANIES, as they are capable of generating value added also for the territories, protecting people and the environment._ The Italian NCP will participates with a speech on the session: “State of implementation of the 2030 Agenda”. Program__Info: http://www.spazioallaresponsabilita.it/al-via-l8csrmed/ _Follow the live Streaming: https://www.csrmed.com/479-2/ _- On the Facebook page: facebook.com/SpazioallaResponsabilita- OnYouTube:21/10 youtu.be/vCvnvcfbkc8 22/10 youtu.be/1qwGJFuZZPM 23/10 youtu.be/cQmDablMMlM
- Roadshow at the Rome Chamber of Commerce, first stage of the "Patto di Milano", ASVIS Poster invitation Rome, February 17, 2020
- Workshop on: "Business and human rights. The role of Business for sustainable development" Speech at the Poste Italiane conference with a focus on Due Diligence in the financial sector: Dr.ssa Maria Benedetta Francesconi, head of the Secretariat of the Italian NCP.
- Workshop "SDG's and mechanism of the specific instances of the OCSE NCP in the national legal system" Organized by MISE-PCN and CNR-ISGI (Institute of International Juridical Studies of the CNR) Rome, 29 October 2019. Programma . Maria Benedetta Francesconi, head of the Secretariat of the Italian NCP will be one of the speakers at the conference